Free Clinic 2013 + Kaye's 16th

Saturday, October 12, 2013

This was my first and last Free Clinic ever in my 10 years in Assumption. We, CAT officers, were really privileged to have given the chance to serve in this yearly event. We went to school as early as 6am and it was such a bummer knowing the clinic will actually start at around 9-10am. We could've spent two or three more hours in bed but it was okay. We were able to prepare ourselves and stuff needed well. I signed myself up for the food section. We filled hundreds of plastic cups with arroz caldo and served each one with bread and juice. We were also allowed to eat them, thankfully! It was very tiring going back and forth and I even had my visitor at that time so there were moments when my stomach really hurt so I had to sit down and rest for awhile. It kind of sucked and it felt unfair but my fellow officers were so kind to tell me that it's okay. Later that morning, I went to the chapel and I guess I transferred myself in that area. I forgot what it's called but it was where volunteers filled hundreds of plastic bags with the medicines required. We were many there but it was still very exhausting. Super. But I had lots of fun. The thought of having able to serve and help people in need made the whole experience more worthwhile. Later that day, I went with some friends to SM to celebrate Kaye's birthday! It was also like a mini reunion for us "beautiPauls" (Yr. III - St. Paul last year). After lunch, we headed to the cinema house and watched Mario Maurer's movie "Pee Mak". Boy, it was supermegafoxy hilarious! It was also the time when I realized how handsome Mario actually is. Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment